8.05.2009

My wallet is falling apart

That means, time for a new one!

This past weekend I was in the process of cutting out my fabric (and Peltex and Interfacing and oh no, I have not cut out those damn bias strips yet) for the Weekender Bag. As I was looking at the amazing fabric I bought for the bag, I decided before I started on such a huge, time consuming project I would make myself a quick wallet out of the same delightful fabric. It was on clearance at Hancock Fabrics for $4 a yard (originally $14), bonus.

I scoured the inter-webs for a pattern to use as a starting point. With a little Google sleuthing, I discovered this gem. I had a hunch I was going to want to make more than one of these, so I even made myself a little pattern to use because I am not very good at measuring things.

I decided to do some stitching on the outside with two different colors of thread. I kind of just went with the flow and stitched how I felt.

The back looks pretty sweet too.

The inside pockets are just fabrics I already had that I figured looked good enough with the outside fabric. The bottom pocket took me a while; figuring out how to fold it correctly did not come easily to me. I thought about it real hard and compared it to the picture and then it made sense.

That was as far as I got today. This weekend: putting in the zipper for a change pocket and hopefully putting the whole thing together. Can't wait.

No comments: